I MISSED AN EASY 132 PIPS AS BULLISH FLAG AIDED USDCAD HIGHER





Having to study more than one pair may translate into more opportunities to trade good setups; it also means dividing attention amongst the pairs, which in Forex where the market environment is ever-changing, may be hard to do. For a couple of hours that I couldn’t keep up with the market’s pace, I missed out of what would have been my best trade of the week – I spotted it when it was out of reach. In a bid to prevent this from happening again, I have resorted to cutting down the number of pairs I study. The ease with which this setup would have been spotted and the returns which it begot compels me to describe how I would have traded it.

Judging by price action on 4-hour time frame, it’s an uptrend so I would incline to go long.  Blue channel would have been drawn on 4-hour time frame.

To get a better entry and for tight stop, 1-hour time frame would have been consulted. The red bullish flag would have been spotted. On testing the support of the flag, hammer formed. I would have entered immediately after this development at 1.4204, set Stop Loss at 1.4168 (36 pips – below the recent swing low), and target at 1.4338 (134 pips – resistance of the demand channel).

It would have been easy pips.


Share on Google Plus

About Moshow

Oseni Moshood ( Moshow) is a physicist, a blogger and a spot trader with years of experience. He trades only price actions partly because he thinks Economics is boring; or, probably because he failed Economics; and he loves fine artistic works.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment